Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What’s On My Wall WOMY

I mentioned my design wall last post so I thought I’d share what’s been up there lately besides the redwork quilt. It gets changed frequently depending on my mood and what I’m doing. I love having a design wall. I really don’t know how I managed without one for so long.
Towards the end of last year I decided it was time for me to try my hand at something I’ve always wanted to do. Art Quilting. I’ve bought the magazines and books, followed art quilters online and heard a view live programs. I dabbled a little over the years starting with this piece created to celebrate my hometown’s 100th birthday.

Then I made a small island scene and a dancer.


All three were wall hangings. I started another island scene. It’s on my UFO list.
Then this month I attended a program by art quilter Deborah Boschert at my guild meeting. The next day I attended her workshop. So from that start these are now on my wall as I consider what stitching I want to do on them.

The first one Winter Sunrise was inspired by photos shown on Facebook by a resident of Mobridge, S.D. I did that one in class. The next day I started putting together one for my series called “Look what Rose did – she colored everything yellow”.

What’s on your wall? Or table. Or floor.

Happy creating!


Rose 

5 comments:

margaret said...

I would say you have more than dabbled, these are very good especially like the dancing lady so colourful too

Karen said...

I must say...you have a very beautiful and inspirational wall!! I hope you are well Rose x

najwagabor said...

titanium tubing - iTani Engineering
Titanium oakley titanium sunglasses tubing. - The name says the ford escape titanium for sale tubing titanium pen is titanium cup made from titanium. This titanium chainmail product is made with the original titanium core resin. The components are manufactured in $13.99

totha said...

anchor sex chair,realistic sex dolls,vibrators,cheap sex toys,dildo,realistic sex dolls,wolf dildo,sex chair,male sex doll additional reading

Unknown said...

m496v2bmwkj012 Male Masturbators,vibrators,dog dildo,wholesale sex toys,sex toys,vibrators,male sex dolls,Bullets And Eggs,dildos b178k0gkyjf064